Do you know who you are?
Do you feel sometimes like you don’t matter?
Then God said: Let us make human beings in our image, after our likeness. … God created mankind in his image; in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. God blessed them…Genesis 1:26-28
Why is it important that you were created in the image of God?
Some questions you might ask yourself:
- What does it mean to me that God made me unique and unrepeatable?
- Why is it important that I am made in the image of God?
- Do I sometimes treat myself as less than I am?
- Do I treat others as less than they are?
- How can I help myself remember that I am unique, unrepeatable, made in the image of God, and worth knowing?
You might pray this or a similar prayer:
Heavenly Father, help me to see who I am in your eyes.Amen