“Sacramental grace” is the grace of the Holy Spirit, given by Christ and proper to each sacrament. The Spirit heals and transforms those who receive him by conforming them to the Son of God. The fruit of the sacramental life is that the Spirit of adoption makes the faithful partakers in the divine nature by uniting them in a living union with the only Son, the Savior.Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1129
The Good News about the Sacraments Series
What is so important about the sacraments?
What difference can they make in your life?
How can they bring you closer to God?
This 7-part series will explore the Good News about the Sacraments and is good for general adult faith formation, RCIA, parents who are teaching the sacraments to their children, catechists, and others. These will be presented as “kerygmatic catechesis,” as the new Directory for Catechesis encourages us to begin doing more. For those who want to interact during the presentation, it will be livestreamed on the Diocese of Pueblo Facebook page as well. Each session will be held in person in the church at the Shrine of St. Therese parish in Pueblo and will be livestreamed on the Diocese of Pueblo Facebook page and Vimeo page. Feel free to join us in person if you are in or near Pueblo or to send others.
Schedule of Topics with Vimeo livestream links:
- Oct. 20, 2020 – Finding God in the Sacraments https://vimeo.com/event/323578
- Oct. 27, 2020 – Baptism https://vimeo.com/461166548
- Nov. 3, 2020 – Confirmation https://vimeo.com/461167366
- Nov. 10, 2020 – Eucharist https://vimeo.com/461168321
- Nov. 17, 2020 – Reconciliation https://vimeo.com/461168992
- Nov. 24, 2020 – Anointing of the Sick https://vimeo.com/461169405
- Dec. 1, 2020 – Matrimony and Holy Orders https://vimeo.com/461170071
Each session will be 6:00-7:00 PM.
Supplemental materials will be posted here.