What can I do?
Practical Action Steps
- Volunteer to pick up groceries and pharmacy items for those who are quarantined. Simply gather them up and drop them on the doorstep, calling to let the person know the items are there.
- Get on a phone tree! Isolation is a result of this virus, and you can combat it head on by calling and having a conversation with someone in quarantine.
- Hand carry flyers or Parish Bulletins to those with no social media or internet access. This helps keep them connected and aware of our prayerful (and active!) support.
- start or join a prayer chain
- join the Diocesan Intercessory Prayer Group (an email group that can be joined by emailing Seth Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Look through your pantry and donate especially these items:
|Canned Goods (especially green beans, corn)||Toilet Paper|
|Diapers||Paper Plates & Napkins|
|Paper Towels||Laundry and Dish Soap|
|Dairy Items (Milk and Cheese)||Tortillas and Bread|
|Adult underwear-Medium and Large||Hand Sanitizer|
|Socks||DVD’s (PG-13 or G)|
|Soap and Shampoo||Toothpaste/Toothbrushes|
|Cardboard Boxes for food delivery||Feminine hygiene products|
|Plastic bags (quarts and gallon size)||Gloves|
|Monetary donations for special items||Rolls of quarters for Laundry|
Call ahead to make donations:
La Puente in Alamosa (719-589-5909)
Pueblo Rescue Mission (719-924-8413)
Grand Valley Outreach (970-241-3658)
Pueblo Soup Kitchen (719-545-6540)
Posada in Pueblo (719-924-8413)
OR any local Food Shelf, Shelter, or Soup Kitchen!