The Catechism of the Catholic Church on the family as the Domestic Church:
Thus the home is the first school of Christian life and “a school for human enrichment.” Here one learns endurance and the joy of work, fraternal love, generous – even repeated – forgiveness, and above all divine worship in prayer and the offering of one’s life.– Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1657
How can we as a family live out this call to be the Domestic Church?
Advice from Dcn. Scott McIntosh, child and adolescent therapist:
- Magnificat online – Daily readings, meditations, and prayers – currently free digital versions
- Click here for some suggestions on how to live the Sunday Experience at home.
- Podcasts – The links below are to the webpages. Find the podcasts also in your favorite podcasting app.
- Catholicicing.com – Catholic crafts and more for kids, including COVID-19 resources
- Saint stories
- Lent and easter activities
- M3 Catholic Daily Family Reflection
- Sunday activities
- Simple. Be together. Relax. Outside with chalk and bubbles or a ball. Read a book or watch a movie together. Talk. Put the phones down.
- 3 simple family meals.
- A special Sunday dessert
- Sunday Experience at Home